Whitaker Block

The Whitaker family has owned and operated Whitaker’s Hardware in this location since 1926. The building was built in 1922 by Dr. Frank Yoakam in approximately the same location where the Moorpark Hotel stood until it was destroyed by fire in 1920. This structure has housed many businesses over the years, including the Moorpark Post Office.

Whitaker's Hardware Block WM

IMG_1599

All images, unless otherwise indicated, are the property of the Moorpark Historical Society and may not be copied or published without written consent.