The Munger family came to Moorpark around 1904 to operate the Moorpark Hotel. They lived in this modest home on Charles Street until they sold it to Frank and Mary Cornett circa 1909. Newspaper articles from 1909-1910 report that the Cornett’s gave the house a new coat of paint and added a large wrap-around porch. This beautiful home is still standing in its original location on Charles Street just west of Walnut Street.
All photos, unless otherwise noted, are the property of the Moorpark Historical Society and cannot be used without written permission.