source link The Moorpark Women’s Fortnightly Club (MWFC) was founded in 1905, making it Moorpark’s oldest service organization. By 1912, the club had raised enough money to build a clubhouse to hold meetings and host civic functions. When the town saw a need for a high school, the MWFC offered free use of their clubhouse as Moorpark’s first high school in 1912. This structure also housed Moorpark’s first library, which was started by the MWFC in 1912. The building is still standing in its original location on Charles Street and is now a private residence.
All photos, unless otherwise noted, are the property of the Moorpark Historical Society and cannot be used without written permission.