watch In 1900, the Southern Pacific Railroad built Moorpark’s first depot. This structure became a hub of activity in town and even served for a short while as the post office. The depot burnt to the ground in 1909 and was rebuilt in 1910. Unfortunately, Southern Pacific closed the depot in the late 1950’s and it was eventually torn down in 1964. Shortly thereafter, a Richfield gas station was built at this location, followed by a bank, Citizen’s Savings. The bank building is still there and serves today as the office of the Moorpark Chamber of Commerce.
All images, unless otherwise indicated, are the property of the Moorpark Historical Society and may not be copied or published without written consent.